What is cardiovascular disease?
Cardiovascular disease, or heart disease, is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the United States. This disease can mean a plaque buildup or blockage inside of one or more of the arteries that feed your heart. This buildup can reduce the blood flow to the heart muscle putting you at risk for heart attack and stroke. Cardiovascular disease can be caused by lifestyle or it can be hereditary.
Prevention and Treatment
The key to lowering your risk is prevention, early detection and advanced cardiovascular disease treatment available at MCI. Our cardiologist use the most innovative and advanced diagnostic techniques and equipment to identify even the most complex issues.
- Control your blood pressure
- Keep your cholesterol levels under control
- Get regular exercise and eat a healthy diet
- Don’t smoke and limit alcohol
- Manage stress
- Medication management
- Angioplasty or stenting (minimally-invasive approaches)
- Bypass surgery
- Improving diet and lifestyle choices